Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bertha Mason: A Response

Excuse me, but my own husband thinks I should rot in hell!! He will pay for this! As for the rumors, that I am depressed, angry, insane and violent, these are not all true. Yes, I am very angry at my husband and that tart, Jane, but I do not consider myself to be insane. I was hidden away for years by my husband, whom I trusted to care for me and love me. Yes, I have acted out in violence, but that was only because I was crying out for help! Hardly anyone knew that I even existed, so I needed to do something drastic to draw attention to myself. I started a fire in Rochester's room while he slept, but I only meant to scare him. I should have killed him though! Next time, he won't be so lucky!

As for Jane, she needs to stop pretending to be the victim. It is very sad that she is an orphan and has no family, but at least she had a home with Rochester. He is my husband and he cared more for her than he did for me, his own wife. I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. She was not locked inside the attic to rot away as everyone else lived a normal life. Rochester should have told Jane that he was married to me, but he failed to disclose this information. He is a snake and a liar! He is the one who should rot on hell for all the trouble and misery he has caused me! If it weren't for him, I would be living a normal life with my family. I wish I had never married him in the first place. It was all a mistake-we were both young and naive.

This is a warning to Rochester-he better watch his back, for he is in real danger! It said so in my horoscope.

No comments: