Sunday, November 23, 2008

My response to Victorian Gossip

Dear Editor,
I would like to say that I am very disappointed in the way your magazine has portrayed these unfortunate events. I believe that you favored Jane Eyre and her side of the story. You portrayed me as a crazy woman, and you have made Jane look like the victim. Rochester was shown as a confused soul, but he obviously does not love me anymore, and he should be with that husband stealer Jane. I have decided to take matters into my own hands, and there is nothing you can do about it. I hope you know that your magazine only forced me into this. I have no choice but to part with this world, and start my new life in heaven. And while I am at it, I might as well send Rochester to hell which is his rightful place. I hope Jane dies of a broken heart because that is what she deserves. Goodbye to everyone and thank you to Grace Poole, my only friend.
-Yours truly, Bertha Mason

No comments: