Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In response to "Hidden in the Attic" written by Jane Eyre

Text ColorI want to make it known to all readers that I was tricked by Edward Rochester! I was completely unaware that he had ever been married to Bertha Mason. I was shocked when he brought me up to the attic. Bertha seemed extremely uncomfortable in her living arrangements and I was appalled by the conditions. It is quite true that I am in love with Mr. Rochester but after an affair like this, I am not sure that I will be able to forgive him and forget about his first wife. I mean, isn't this one of the number one signs of a bad boyfriend, a man who can't even wait to get a divorce from his first wife before he proposes to the next? There were many indications that Edward was hiding something from me, the biggest being the mysterious fire in his bed chamber.
I am also quite shocked by all of the language used against me in the article written by Ms. Rumor I have never looked at my economic status as a hindrance in my life. The many years I spent at Gateshead Hall were what have shaped me into the profound young woman that many have come to know me as. I am not sure what is going to happen between Mr. Rochester and I, but I would like to make a public statement to Bertha Mason apologizing for letting a man like Edward Rochester ruin both her life and my own.

No comments: